Thursday, September 19, 2013

ESCAPE

funny i know it may seem and to think so is well
but i wish to sleep closing myself to all travail
i know my work is not done and her i will get only with its end
yet now to my will i do not seem to bend
i only wish to close my eyes and wish all troubles away
and calmly slide in gentle sleep and slide in its sway
to snugly fit against soft where they make a pretty cleft
and thus ensconed allow sleep to use its talent deft

for only with the portals closed is she truly mine
in my arms i get her only away from the bright sunshine
i have her yet i have her not as fate plays its own toss with me
is it too much to ask of it to let me in her arms be
till it does i have my sleep bereft of any rest or wish to ask
for only there does my soul in its true sun of her eyes glorious bask

No comments:

Post a Comment